Functional Skills Tutor (Maths and English)
- Delivering Level 1- 2 Functional Skills (Maths and English).
- Working with Apprentice learners, through our online Teaching and Learning platform (JM1QUAL).
- You will, prepare session plans using existing resources, deliver teaching and ensure learners are supported towards achievement of their qualification. Experience of writing differentiated lesson plans to meet learner needs and mixed level groups required.
- Identify learner’s strengths and areas for development’ through initial assessment results and support them accordingly.
- Set and review targets and provide progress feedback to learners. Give adequate support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
- Deliver excellent IAG to learners to provide them details about further training and progression opportunities.
- Ensure each learner’s progression is recorded efficiently.
- Use interactive resources and innovation to engage, stimulate, motivate and challenge individuals to meet their agreed English & Mathematics targets.
- Monitor attendance of learners on the provision liaising with other personnel where applicable.
- Maintain documentation systems relevant to the progress of the individual ensuring reviews and learning plan accurately reflect learner targets, reviews and progression.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team, curriculum and standardisation meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure that company information is not disclosed to third parties.
- Adhere to all Safeguarding policies and legislation. Willing to undertake further Safeguarding and Prevent CPD training as required.
- Teach and assess Functional Skills English and Maths (up to Level 2) via online video link
- Be proficient in basic computer skills and use of Microsoft Office
- Establish and maintain a rapport with learners and customise your teaching approach as appropriate
- Maintain a high level of communication with learners to maximise retention
- You may be required to assist in the support of other programmes delivered by JMRET
- You must have a teaching qualification and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- Invigilate functional skills exams and other assessment activity
- To support and provide administration support when required
- Hold a recognised Teaching Qualification (PTLLS or above / equivalent).
- D32/33/A1/TAQA L3
Location: Liverpool & Merseyside
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Type: Full Time Hours – Permanent
Get In Touch
What They Say...
Russell Taylor Holdings
Headteacher, Heygreen Primary, Liverpool
Headteacher, Knowsley Central School
Sports Centre Manager – Wirral
Job Title: Sports Centre Manager Location: Arrowe Park Commercial Park Salary: £21,000 – £26,000 (Depending Experience) Type: Full Time 40 Hours per week flexible working hours to cover the centre opening hours Be part of a new venture coming to the Wirral . We are looking for an enthusiastic, forward thinking individual to bring creative ideas to a […]
Business Administration Apprenticeship – Russell Taylor Group, Cheshire
Russell Taylor Group’s Scientific Division have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice looking to join one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in UK. This is an excellent opportunity to be trained by highly skilled and knowledgeable Consultants in the Scientific industry and start a career within the recruitment industry. As well as receiving recruitment […]Read more
Teaching Assistant Apprentice (EYFP) – Ysgol Cae’r Nant
An exciting opportunity to work in our Early Years Foundation Phase as a Teaching Assistant. Supporting Teaching and Learning: Develop a positive and supportive relationship with all pupils in EYFP. Be aware of the differing needs of pupils. Support the teachers in delivering effective early years practise. To assist the class teacher with maintaining the pupils […]Read more
Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship – JM Recruitment, Education & Training Ltd, Wirral
At JM Recruitment Education & Training we work in partnership with schools and businesses across the North West, providing outstanding professional support in 3 key areas – recruitment, education & training. Duties include: Working within a Primary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant Supporting pupils with their numeracy Be involved in displays and preparing resources […]Read more
Senior Sports and Dance coach – Activity For All
This job is perfect if you want to inspire and empower children to lead a healthy and physically active lifestyle. You will be responsible for delivering exciting PE lessons and Extra-Curricular (before, during and after school) clubs to a range of children aged 4-14 during term time, as well as potential delivery through the summer […]Read more
NVQ Assessors – Education and/or Sport – N.Wales
Job Summary As an NVQ Assessor you will be responsible for the assessment of learners covering a spectrum of NVQ qualifications in Education and/or Sport in North Wales. You will be expected to assist with continually monitoring and reviewing learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning. This will include English and […]Read more
Home Secretary visits JM RET in Wrexham
Home Secretary visits JM RET and Brickfield FC learners Learners on the JM RET pre-apprentice programme in Wrexham were treated to a visit by Conservatory MP candidates Sarah Atherton, Simon Baynes and Home Secretary, Priti Patel, last week. As part of the election campaign, Simon Baynes, the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Clwyd South, organised […]Read more