Essential Skills Tutor / (Trainee) NVQ Assessor – N.Wales
JM Recruitment, Education and Training is a dynamic and expanding training company delivering qualifications in the Education and Sport/Leisure Sectors.
In this role you would be supporting selected Apprentices and Work-Based Learners to complete Essential Skills Wales Qualifications in English, Maths and/or Digital Literacy in the North Wales region.
- Teach and assess Essential Skills in English / Maths / Digital Literacy to learners on programmes.
- To support vocational tutors within curriculum areas to embed Essential Skills in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To track learners progress and share with Partnership Managers and Essential Skills Manager.
- Have some knowledge of the ‘Essential Skills Wales’ qualification process or a willingness to learn.
- Undertake controlled assessments with learners once they are at the required level.
- Assess exams and coursework in a timely manner.
- Liase with the MIS team to confirm completions and claim learner certificates.
- Review performance of programme against targets.
- Maintain attendance registers and update as required.
- Contribute to marketing activities, participate in guidance interviews, enrolment and induction for the programmes when necessary.
- Undertake professional development and training to contribute to individual and JMRET development as agreed within your appraisals.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations.
- To positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and learners.
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- To support and provide administration support with induction, initial assessments and diagnostics.
Essential / Desirable Skills
Previous experience of teaching and/or supporting students with Maths/English.
Experience of writing, planning and delivering training sessions.
Approachable, enthusiastic and understanding approach to supporting learners.
Knowledge, Qualifications and/or Experience of the Education and or Sport/Leisure Sectors.
Assessors qualification (Training will be provided for the right candidate).
Full, clean driving licence.
Willingness to travel North Wales and support learners within their own employment settings (Travel costs re-imbursed).
CPD, mentoring and admin support will be provided for experienced Tutor/Assesors.
Assesor and Internal Quality Assesor (IQA) training and qualifications to be provided for candidates not already qualified.
JM RET is expanding in many areas across North Wales and the North West England. The successful candidate will have opportunities to develop this role over the next 12 months into a Managerial/NVQ assessor role with the possible introduction of these schemes in North Wales over the next 12 months:
- Adult Maths and English,
- Pre-Apprentice Training
- Study Programmes
- Expansion of Apprenticeships
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Friday 14th September 2018.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: North Wales– Partnership schools based in Wrexham and Flintshire
Salary Range – £20,000 – £25,000 (Dependant on experience and qualifications)
Get In Touch
What They Say...
Russell Taylor Holdings
Headteacher, Heygreen Primary, Liverpool
Headteacher, Knowsley Central School
Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher West Kirby January 2019 A primary school working in partnership with JM recruitment located in West Kirby are looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 teacher. The role is to commence in January 2019 on a full-time basis, for the rest of academic year. This is a large primary school […]
Primary supply teacher
Primary Supply Teacher required for immediate starts EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2 Cheshire West & Wirral Are you looking for a flexible teaching role that lets you choose when and where you work? If yes, then this is the job for you! I am currently recruiting for Primary Supply Teachers in the […]
Teaching Assistant Apprentice – Our Lady Star Of The Sea Catholic Primary School
Our Lady’s is a really happy and friendly place where we look to celebrate each child’s unique qualities and talents. Our aim is to provide the best possible opportunities for our children to succeed in all areas. Through an exciting curriculum, our tireless and committed staff aim to engender a life-long love of learning in […]Read more
Level 3 Sports Tutor/Coach
An opportunity has risen to join our Study programme sports team, to deliver the Level 3 Sport Extended Diploma to 16-19 year olds. This will include delivering high quality theory and practical sessions, using our monitoring systems and being involved with the college football team. Please e-mail all CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Duties: Deliver high high-quality […]Read more
Administrator/Data Analyst Apprentice – Marine Lake Medical Practice
We are looking to recruit to the above role in our busy medical practice in West Kirby. The successful candidate will have excellent data input/output, analytical and organisational skills alongside good working knowledge of Microsoft programmes including Excel. Vacancy Description: Data inputting on systems Data reports/analysing Answering phone calls. Provide general support to all staff. […]Read more
PMLD Teaching Assistant – Bootle 60 – 70 Per Day Full / Part Time Placements
Work supporting students with Profound, Multiple Severe Learning Difficulties Learning Difficulties (PMLD) in a SEN School in Litherland Area. *** PMLD Teaching Assistant post available from September *** Progressive SEN/PMLD provision located Liverpool *** Salary for PMLD Teaching Assistant £60.00 – £70.00 Person Specification – PMLD Teaching Assistant You will need to be a thoughtful […]Read more
Special Needs Teacher Jobs Join our highly successful SEN team today
JM Recruitment Education & Training is a government registered training provider. We work with over 260 schools, 120 businesses and 25 NHS Trusts. Much of our training is government funded making it free to you! Whether you are an employer, employee or student – get in touch and find out why over 4,000 individuals have […]Read more
Salary/Rate £8.50 – £9.50/hour Training Team Teach Location – Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester Job Description: JM Education are looking to appoint for a Cover Supervisor for a September 2018 Start for a full term possibly longer. Working with a SEBD school based in Ellesmere Port For those considering a career in teaching, this […]Read more