Early Years/Teaching Assistant Assessor
Location: North West (Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire)
Salary: £20,000 – £21,500 (Dependent on Experience)
Type: Full time: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
As a Tutor/Assessor you will be responsible for the administration, preparation and assessment of Frameworks and Standards, including the delivery of training sessions. The training and assessment of learners will vary across all role levels and areas of Early Years settings, Primary and Secondary schools
You will be expected to continually monitor and review your learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning and development.
You will teach and assess learners to relevant frameworks and standards within their workplace, whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed and as well as participating in the planning and implementation of induction and assessment, ensuring that all programmes are developed and enhanced as appropriate.
Main responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting learning and development of all learners in line with specific needs
- Delivering training/workshops, relevant to areas of the programme including the delivery of functional skills.
- Visiting learners in the workplace and teaching and assessing them as part of their programme to ensure the successful outcome in line with contractual requirements and targets.
- Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each learner. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Visit learners within the workplace to provide support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance.
- Efficient and effective operation of the teaching and assessment process in line with OTLA/IQA policy relating to the requirements of the awarding organisation representatives and End Point Assessment requirements.
- Carry out reviews with apprentices ensuring all party involvement.
- Carry out interim and exit reviews
- Assist with development of the provision to ensure the programme is up to date.
- Promote apprenticeships, with employers including encouragement of progression routes.
- Maintain knowledge of funding streams and eligibility criteria.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme.
- Ensure the full embedding of all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirement (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with and all candidates are given fair access to assessment.
- Ensure the full embedding of Fundamental British Values into all teaching practice
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Attend and participate in meetings, as required.
- Maintain annual record of CPD, minimum 30 hours (pro rata).
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and good housekeeping
- Additional duties appropriate to the post as directed by your line manager
- Previous experience of working as a Tutor/Assessor
- An assessor qualification, D32/33, A1 or TAQA Level 3
- Teaching or Training qualification, PTLLS or Level 3 Awarding in Education and Training
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 3 Childcare Teaching Assistant qualification
- Experience of writing, planning and delivering training sessions
- Full, clean driving license
- IQA qualification, D34, V1 or TAQA Level 4
- Experience of using e-portfolios with learners
- Ability to deliver ICT
- Ability to assess both Business Administration and Management Qualifications
- Current enhanced DBS
JM Recruitment, Education & Training receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to, we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been contacted within 4 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Get In Touch
What They Say...
Russell Taylor Holdings
Headteacher, Heygreen Primary, Liverpool
Headteacher, Knowsley Central School
Sports Centre Manager – Wirral
Job Title: Sports Centre Manager Location: Arrowe Park Commercial Park Salary: £21,000 – £26,000 (Depending Experience) Type: Full Time 40 Hours per week flexible working hours to cover the centre opening hours Be part of a new venture coming to the Wirral . We are looking for an enthusiastic, forward thinking individual to bring creative ideas to a […]
Business Administration Apprentice, Russel Taylor Group
Head Office – Burton Manor, The Village, Neston CH62 5SJ An exciting opportunity as an Apprentice Administrator has become available within the Russell Taylor Group. We are a well-established recruitment company looking to expand our existing administration team. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to work to strict […]Read more
Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship – Ysgol Treffynnon, Holywell, Flintshire
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. Job roles will include: • Working within a secondary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant • Supporting pupils with special educational needs (SEN) • Supporting pupils with their numeracy • Supporting […]Read more
Young Sports Ambassador Apprentice – Ysgol Frongoch
Working in a successful primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our children. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities. We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our […]Read more
Home Secretary visits JM RET in Wrexham
Home Secretary visits JM RET and Brickfield FC learners Learners on the JM RET pre-apprentice programme in Wrexham were treated to a visit by Conservatory MP candidates Sarah Atherton, Simon Baynes and Home Secretary, Priti Patel, last week. As part of the election campaign, Simon Baynes, the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Clwyd South, organised […]Read more
Senior Sports and Dance coach – Activity For All
This job is perfect if you want to inspire and empower children to lead a healthy and physically active lifestyle. You will be responsible for delivering exciting PE lessons and Extra-Curricular (before, during and after school) clubs to a range of children aged 4-14 during term time, as well as potential delivery through the summer […]Read more
NVQ Assessors – Education and/or Sport – N.Wales
Job Summary As an NVQ Assessor you will be responsible for the assessment of learners covering a spectrum of NVQ qualifications in Education and/or Sport in North Wales. You will be expected to assist with continually monitoring and reviewing learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning. This will include English and […]Read more