Early Years/Teaching Assistant Assessor
Location: North West (Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire)
Salary: £20,000 – £21,500 (Dependent on Experience)
Type: Full time: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
As a Tutor/Assessor you will be responsible for the administration, preparation and assessment of Frameworks and Standards, including the delivery of training sessions. The training and assessment of learners will vary across all role levels and areas of Early Years settings, Primary and Secondary schools
You will be expected to continually monitor and review your learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning and development.
You will teach and assess learners to relevant frameworks and standards within their workplace, whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed and as well as participating in the planning and implementation of induction and assessment, ensuring that all programmes are developed and enhanced as appropriate.
Main responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting learning and development of all learners in line with specific needs
- Delivering training/workshops, relevant to areas of the programme including the delivery of functional skills.
- Visiting learners in the workplace and teaching and assessing them as part of their programme to ensure the successful outcome in line with contractual requirements and targets.
- Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each learner. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Visit learners within the workplace to provide support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance.
- Efficient and effective operation of the teaching and assessment process in line with OTLA/IQA policy relating to the requirements of the awarding organisation representatives and End Point Assessment requirements.
- Carry out reviews with apprentices ensuring all party involvement.
- Carry out interim and exit reviews
- Assist with development of the provision to ensure the programme is up to date.
- Promote apprenticeships, with employers including encouragement of progression routes.
- Maintain knowledge of funding streams and eligibility criteria.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme.
- Ensure the full embedding of all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirement (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with and all candidates are given fair access to assessment.
- Ensure the full embedding of Fundamental British Values into all teaching practice
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Attend and participate in meetings, as required.
- Maintain annual record of CPD, minimum 30 hours (pro rata).
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and good housekeeping
- Additional duties appropriate to the post as directed by your line manager
- Previous experience of working as a Tutor/Assessor
- An assessor qualification, D32/33, A1 or TAQA Level 3
- Teaching or Training qualification, PTLLS or Level 3 Awarding in Education and Training
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 3 Childcare Teaching Assistant qualification
- Experience of writing, planning and delivering training sessions
- Full, clean driving license
- IQA qualification, D34, V1 or TAQA Level 4
- Experience of using e-portfolios with learners
- Ability to deliver ICT
- Ability to assess both Business Administration and Management Qualifications
- Current enhanced DBS
JM Recruitment, Education & Training receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to, we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been contacted within 4 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Get In Touch
What They Say...
Russell Taylor Holdings
Headteacher, Heygreen Primary, Liverpool
Headteacher, Knowsley Central School
Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher West Kirby January 2019 A primary school working in partnership with JM recruitment located in West Kirby are looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 teacher. The role is to commence in January 2019 on a full-time basis, for the rest of academic year. This is a large primary school […]
Ex Military Mentor – Wirral Schools
Military Style Education are looking for somebody to join their team! Are you ex-military? Did you serve more than 5 years? Are you over 25? Do you want to be a positive role model and help children reach their full potential in school? Would you like to join the fastest growing team of ex military […]
Primary supply teacher
Primary Supply Teacher required for immediate starts EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2 Cheshire West & Wirral Are you looking for a flexible teaching role that lets you choose when and where you work? If yes, then this is the job for you! I am currently recruiting for Primary Supply Teachers in the […]
Sports Coaching Apprenticeships – Knowsley Schools
Working in a successful primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our children. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities. We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in friendly, […]Read more
Business Administration Apprenticeship – JM Recruitment, Education and Training
Are you enthusiastic and love communicating with people from all walks of life? Do you want to work in an office environment that is different every day? If so, we have the perfect role for you with fantastic opportunities to work, learn and begin a career in Business Administration. You will be working alongside and […]Read more
Childcare/ Early Years Apprenticeship – Christ Church C of E Primary School
Brief overview of the role: Working in a successful primary school and acting as a great role-model for our children. An exciting opportunity to work in our Early Years Foundation Stage as a Teaching Assistant. Vacancy Description: Develop a positive and supportive relationship with all pupils in EYFS Be aware of the differing needs of […]Read more
EX – MILITARY MENTOR – RUNCORN
Can you inspire, engage, nurture and develop children and young people? We work in schools developing the next generation to achieve greatness! We are looking for ex-forces personnel and reservists who live in a reasonable commuting distance from Runcorn. Who we are: Military Style Education is a team of ex-military mentors whose aim is […]Read more
Ex Military Mentor – Widnes Schools
Military Style Education are looking for somebody to join their team! Are you ex-military? Did you serve more than 5 years? Are you over 25? Do you want to be a positive role model and help children reach their full potential in school? Would you like to join the fastest growing team of ex military […]Read more
Salary/Rate £8.50 – £9.50/hour Training Team Teach Location – Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester Job Description: JM Education are looking to appoint for a Cover Supervisor for a September 2018 Start for a full term possibly longer. Working with a SEBD school based in Ellesmere Port For those considering a career in teaching, this […]Read more