Early Years/Teaching Assistant Assessor
Location: North West (Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire)
Salary: £20,000 – £21,500 (Dependent on Experience)
Type: Full time: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
As a Tutor/Assessor you will be responsible for the administration, preparation and assessment of Frameworks and Standards, including the delivery of training sessions. The training and assessment of learners will vary across all role levels and areas of Early Years settings, Primary and Secondary schools
You will be expected to continually monitor and review your learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning and development.
You will teach and assess learners to relevant frameworks and standards within their workplace, whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed and as well as participating in the planning and implementation of induction and assessment, ensuring that all programmes are developed and enhanced as appropriate.
Main responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting learning and development of all learners in line with specific needs
- Delivering training/workshops, relevant to areas of the programme including the delivery of functional skills.
- Visiting learners in the workplace and teaching and assessing them as part of their programme to ensure the successful outcome in line with contractual requirements and targets.
- Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each learner. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Visit learners within the workplace to provide support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance.
- Efficient and effective operation of the teaching and assessment process in line with OTLA/IQA policy relating to the requirements of the awarding organisation representatives and End Point Assessment requirements.
- Carry out reviews with apprentices ensuring all party involvement.
- Carry out interim and exit reviews
- Assist with development of the provision to ensure the programme is up to date.
- Promote apprenticeships, with employers including encouragement of progression routes.
- Maintain knowledge of funding streams and eligibility criteria.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme.
- Ensure the full embedding of all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirement (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with and all candidates are given fair access to assessment.
- Ensure the full embedding of Fundamental British Values into all teaching practice
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Attend and participate in meetings, as required.
- Maintain annual record of CPD, minimum 30 hours (pro rata).
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and good housekeeping
- Additional duties appropriate to the post as directed by your line manager
- Previous experience of working as a Tutor/Assessor
- An assessor qualification, D32/33, A1 or TAQA Level 3
- Teaching or Training qualification, PTLLS or Level 3 Awarding in Education and Training
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 3 Childcare Teaching Assistant qualification
- Experience of writing, planning and delivering training sessions
- Full, clean driving license
- IQA qualification, D34, V1 or TAQA Level 4
- Experience of using e-portfolios with learners
- Ability to deliver ICT
- Ability to assess both Business Administration and Management Qualifications
- Current enhanced DBS
JM Recruitment, Education & Training receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to, we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been contacted within 4 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Get In Touch
What They Say...
Russell Taylor Holdings
Headteacher, Heygreen Primary, Liverpool
Headteacher, Knowsley Central School
Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher West Kirby January 2019 A primary school working in partnership with JM recruitment located in West Kirby are looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 teacher. The role is to commence in January 2019 on a full-time basis, for the rest of academic year. This is a large primary school […]
Primary supply teacher
Primary Supply Teacher required for immediate starts EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2 Cheshire West & Wirral Are you looking for a flexible teaching role that lets you choose when and where you work? If yes, then this is the job for you! I am currently recruiting for Primary Supply Teachers in the […]
Business Admin Apprentice – Verve People
JM recruitment, Education & training are recruiting on behalf of a leading hospitality recruitment company based in Liverpool city centre. Vacancy Description: Duties to include: Data inputting on our management information system. Maintaining office systems, including data management and filing. Be directly involved in the preparation of meetings and events. Answering phone calls. Organising and […]Read more
Business Administation Apprentice – Hilbre High School
Key roles/functions: To work as an Apprentice under the guidance and supervision of the School Business Manager, to assist with provision of clerical and administrative support within school in a variety of settings and departments, including the Main Office, Finance, SEN, Reprographics and 6th Form. To have the ability to contribute to the wider activities […]Read more
Childcare/Early Years – Woolton Village Day Nursery
Job Description – Edit Our wonderful We as carers have a clear understanding that as parents your choice of childcare is one of the most important decisions that you may have to ever make. Therefore, it is our aim to meet your child’s needs by providing a safe, secure, stimulating and fun environment that allows your child […]Read more
Special Needs Teacher Jobs Join our highly successful SEN team today
JM Recruitment Education & Training is a government registered training provider. We work with over 260 schools, 120 businesses and 25 NHS Trusts. Much of our training is government funded making it free to you! Whether you are an employer, employee or student – get in touch and find out why over 4,000 individuals have […]Read more
Salary/Rate £8.50 – £9.50/hour Training Team Teach Location – Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester Job Description: JM Education are looking to appoint for a Cover Supervisor for a September 2018 Start for a full term possibly longer. Working with a SEBD school based in Ellesmere Port For those considering a career in teaching, this […]Read more
There will be a number of positions both part/full available to suit the needs of the students with a September 2018 start until the end of term in the Birkenhead Area The role of Support Worker is to provide sensitive and professional care and support to students with special needs to enable them to access […]Read more